May Stamp of the Month!

Introducing our May 2010 Stamp of the Month, "Meadow Silhouette" by Hero Arts! Every sample this month was created using Hero Arts stamps and Basic Grey papers. The title on my demo board is with the new QK alphabet, Espresso. '2010' was cut with the Jacqueline alphabet.
Here is how the image looks on the wooden mount. Silhouette style stamps like this can be deceiving as there is sooo much black on the index. I like to think of it as a palette of sorts- there is so much potential for techniques with stamps like this! In fact, we're putting together a Technique Tuesday class this month focused on showing you the techniques we used on these cards... plus a few more that didn't make the sample board! Plan to join us for this class on May 18!This was the first card I made when I inked up my rubber... As soon as I had the stamp in my hand, I knew I *had* to use it with this floral print paper from Basic Grey's "Green at Heart" collection- they go perfectly together! My stamp was embossed in olive green and the flowers were coloured with Copic markers, selected to match the patterned paper. I left the flower stems white to mimic the white on the paper as well. All the colours on this card make me happy :)
This next one was actually the final card I made... it took about 20 tries LOL but the concept in my head finally came together! I came up with several versions I liked, but they clashed with the other cards on the sample board... I finally settled on watercolor stamping the image with 3 shades of Distress Ink. Liquid Pearls and a giant white flower add the finishing touches! The scalloped border was created with one of the new edge dies from QuicKutz!
This next card features my very favorite technique for silhouette stamps right now! I love pairing the stamps with the friend definition background and watching the magic happen when adding colour with my Distress Inks over an embossed resist! I'm going to save the details of this one for our Technique Tuesday class ;) The scalloped strip across the card is one of Bazzill's 'half the edge' border strips- they're perfect for cards!
This last card was so simple to put together, but the silhouette is so stunning embossed in a pale colour over a bold background! Tying ribbon around the image brings to mind a hand picked bouquet- a perfect gift for someone special!
I hope you enjoyed the sample cards and got some inspiration from them! It's been a LONG time since I (Tara) created all the samples myself, but the ideas were flowing and I really wanted to stick with this paper collection! I have so many more ideas for this stamp and can't wait to play with some other color schemes and see what the results are! I'd love to hear which card is YOUR favorite and I'd love to see what you create with this month's SOTM.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice cards girls? or is it just girl!!!! Gave me some inspiration! By the way are the sayings from a set?
Dorothy
Jen said…
I would love to see an online tutorial of how to do these stamping techniques. They are fantastic!!