Summers End {Friday Sketchers}

I had a chance to create on Saturday, so I'll show you my creations one at a time... starting with this card I made based (loosely- heehee) on this weeks Friday Sketchers layout. This came together quite quickly, since I had pre-coloured my image (End of Summer by Mo Manning for Stampavie), it matched beautifully with these awesome papers from the So Sophie collection by My Mind's Eye, plus I had some new QuicKutz dies I was anxious to play with...

I absolutely love the new nesting flowers die with those fabulous wonky circles, and was thrilled that it worked to cut my image with them! Then I noted the tiny bees in my image and got all excited to use the new bee die as well! I generously spread some brown (I forget which shade!) Distress Stickles over his body after adhering him to my card. The 'scallops' On the Edge die from Tim Holtz is an awesome match for the flower shape and then my card is embellished with some pretty vintage looking lace & my new favorite taupe pearls by Zva Creative.

here's the sketch:

... and here's the complete card, which I made into an easel card (love them!) It's 5.5" square, I used those nesting flowers for my sentiment (by Hero Arts) on the bottom om of the card as well, and added a glittery flourish by Making Memories I have had in my stash for a bit- I've tried to put them on several projects, but this is the first that has actually worked! I'm pleased with how easy this card came together... it's always fun to work with new products you love! Hope you enjoy the card as much as I do!

Comments

Sarah said…
your card is amazing Tara! I just love that little bee! it's super cute and your coloring is awesome!
Mrs T. said…
Always look forward to your cards and this one is no exception.
Beautiful Thanks for sharing.
Janneke said…
Great card ;o)
Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Janneke Xo