October Stamp of the Month: Kimmie's Coffee Sayings!

I'm thrilled to be introducing to you (on the first of the month this time!) our newest Stamp of the Month- a fab set of COFFEE sayings from Kraftin' Kimmie! This month we also have a special treat for our SOTM members... a bonus accessory to go with your stamp- some "Caramel Latte" Smooch Spritz by Clearsnap! I'm in LOVE with this product and we used it on every one of our card samples this month. This colour & shimmer is beautiful and it covers really well in just a few sprays.

I'm a huge lover of coffee and have been collecting coffee stamps for a while, so this set will get used a LOT by me, I'm sure! Hopefully these cards will inspire you to make it a much loved, much used part of your stamp collection :)

This first card is a very simple one- I used the stamps to create a background paper by stamping them (ALL of them) in black on white cardstock. Then I spritzed it with my smooch over the stamping and let it dry... which didn't take very long! After that, I die cut the label shape and mounted it on some green Core'dinations cardstock, which I'd embossed and sanded. I added some simple accents of cork on the coffee cup sleeve and as a layer under my main sentiment. The coffee cup, embossing folder and label shape are all QuicKutz. My white flourish (the steam from my coffee!) is by Tim Holtz.
Carla made this sweet card with this new penguin stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie- it looks like that latte is loaded with whipped cream and ready to keep him warm on a cool day! Carla will have the deets up on her blog, so please go by and check it out!
Carla and I had a little play date last week when the Kraftin' Kimmie stamps arrived, and this is the card I made while she was working with the penguin! We both used papers from the fabulous Halloween in Wonderland collection by Graphic 45. I took the easy route and got my layout idea from a card featured on the Kraftin' Kimmie website. The smooch on my card is on the black & cream layers, it added a subtle shimmer without changing the colour too much, which I loved! I had fun colouring up Henri here, while he's enjoying his cup o' joe. That purple suit is definitely 'espresso-ing' something ;)
Here's a close up of the wave I added to the sentiment & you can see the shimmer on the layers a bit, too!
Here's my final card... a simple but fun coffee gift card holder! I paired the SOTM with this awesome coffee cup image by Hero Arts and a cute kraft envelope by Maya Road (which I spritzed with Smooch!). It is simply embellished with some lacy eyelet ribbon, glitter flouishes by Making Memories (which you've probably noticed on a lot of my projects lately- seriously love these things!) and pearls. I stamped the "Coffee tastes better with friends" greeting on some satin ribbon with Brilliance ink. My java jackets were stamped on a genuine Starbucks java jacket ;)
The background of my card was stamped with ALL the sentiments in this set- I mounted them all on EZ mount (they come as a sheet of rubber) then arranged them on an acrylic block, inked & stamped. There were a few spots that didn't stamp perfectly, so I chose individual sentiments to fill in those gaps. Here's a photo of my stamps inked & ready to go on my block- there are 14 fabulous coffee sayings in this set!
... and here's a peek at my envelope when it's open! I couldn't resist adding another sentiment on the inside of the flap :)
Hope you enjoyed our samples and will have fun with this set of sayings! I can't wait to see what images in your collection you use these with! It would be really fun to have y'all share some of them with us... let us know in the comments what you plan to create with this set of stamps!

Comments