December 2010 Stamp of the Month

It's hard to believe it's December already and we're introducing another Stamp of the Month! This month's stamps is actually two stamps- a tree and a sentiment from A Muse Art Stamps. A Muse is known for their simple, clean lines and their fabulous sentiments (on the nicest wooden blocks in the industry!) and this image was chosen for that reason- it's simple, elegant and versatile, as you'll see on our sample cards. It's also perfect for making some Christmas cards in a hurry!

Our sample board this month features cards by two members of Seriously Creative Design Team, Janet & Teila, as well as two cards by me (Tara). We'd love to hear what you think, so please comment away :) Both Janet & Teila made TWO cards for me, which you can see in the store... or find details on them on their blogs!

The title on our sample board is the new alpha from QuicKutz's "Winter Wishes" gift set! I love it! (I apologize in advance if the photos seem a little washed out... had to use a flash here, since daylight is disappearing far too soon these days!)
First up is Janet's card! I love working with my Designers on these sample boards because they often do things I never would have thought of- like how Janet embossed the tree in three colours here- it looks fabulous! Janet's combo of white, gold & green together with Basic Grey papers is simply elegant. Check out further deets on Janet's blog!

Next is Teila's card- I love the simplicity here, with the tree multi-stamped and just one of them highlighted with some liquid applique on it's snowy boughs! It's very soft and pretty, yet would be a great one to make multiples of this holiday season! Find out more on Teila's blog!
I had some fun with this next little card- using an envelope and tag from the QK "Winter Wishes" gift set. I wanted to park this car in front of the tree and this tag was a perfect little palette for my idea... I piled "snow" high on the car and on the tree and layered it over some Basic Grey & Tim Holtz goodness (music themed tissue tape and embossing folder). Inside my pocket? A car key! (okay, so it *could* be a car key... if someone was getting a car for Christmas perhaps? Then they'd quit asking to borrow yours and you'd get some of that peace on earth *wink*) I love this little car image, which is also from A Muse, and you'll find it in the store at a special reduced price while supplies last!
Lastly, I decorated my tree simply with some red bling. Both tree and sentiment are stamped onto a die cut shape (another of my fave Tim Holtz shapes!) and mounted over some Basic Grey papers and some ribbon. Not much else to add here... the card is simple, but I love the red 'lights' shining on the tree! I'll be doing this one again for sure. Sometimes it's so easy to make a festive card! (though I must confess... this one took me forever! Thanks for the help finishing it, Cheri!)

And that's our December SOTM! We look forward to sharing another fabulous stamp & great samples with you in January... there's some fun changes/additions to our SOTM program we'll be introducing at that time and you won't want to miss it!

Comments

Graphicat said…
All of the samples are fabulous ladies! Altho I have to admit my fav is the one with the car! LOVE IT! Wish I was getting one with a new key in it. ;o)
Happy December!!!
Woot!
Cheri