March Stamp of the Month: High Hopes!

It's a new month, which means we've got a new Stamp of the Month for y'all to check out! We're thrilled to be introducing a new stamp company to our store- High Hopes! Our SOTM is the adorable "frog in boxers" which I totally fell in love with a while back when Tanya created a card with him. SOTM members have the option to purchase the coordinating Irish Blessing sentiment, which totally cracks me up (you'll see it on Teila's card, below). Our DT member, Teila, helped me out with our samples this month. Before you take a closer look at the cards, let me offer you this blessing ;)

May the light always find you on a dreary day.
When you need to be home, may you find your way.
May you always have courage to take a chance.
And may you never find frogs in your underpants!

All our cards this month feature the 'Family Keepsake' collection by We R Memory Keepers. I know Teila had a hard time working with it, but I had a ball with the fun colours and patterns! It's very springy :)

This first card was a lot of fun- I paper pieced the boxers and layered my frog in front & behind them. I hung the boxers on a length of string which I 'hung' from two buttons (which mom graciously threaded for me). These cute mini clothespins were in our stash. This card is in honour of a girlfriend's upcoming 40th birthday... I actually made another version of the same card to give to her, but I'll share a picture of that one with ya closer to her birthday :) This card has fun dimension to it, which you can check out in person next time you're in the store.
I have to say that I absolutely loved colouring this frog- I tried him in several different green combo's with my Copic markers and had fun adding texture with my blender pen. This next card is pretty simple, but I got to use some new toys on it... my main image is layered onto the smallest shape from a set of GRAND nestabilities and the sentiment is stamped on a new banner shape from Lifestyle Crafts/QuicKutz. The paper flower was formed from a Sizzix die :) I added a touch of colour to the small white flowers with a Copic marker to match them perfectly with the boxer shorts.
These final two cards were created by Teila- you can find out more details about them on her blog in the near future! This first one features the coordinating Irish Blessing sentiment- love it!

We hope you like the new stamp! It's always fun featuring a new stamp company like this :) We do have an assortment of other High Hopes stamps in the store, and if you're a SOTM member who picks up their stamp by the 15th of the month, you can get them for 20% off! (You can see what our DT member, Janet has been doing with her new High Hopes stamps on her blog!)

Comments

Graphicat said…
These cards are "unfroggetable" ladies!!! LOVE it!!! That card where he's hangin on the line is AWESOME Tara!!!
Great job!
Cant wait to use mine!
Cheri
Anonymous said…
Ohhhhhh, these are friggin awesome! Great job, on all of them. LOVE em!
Eulanda said…
LOL!! Oh gosh this stamp is FUN!! You ladies did a GREAT job all of them! I also love that flower on the un-frogettable card. That Sizzix die looks like fun!! Also the "40" card with the clotheline is fabulous!
Love it, Love it, Love it! So very cute!