Holiday Cheer: Happy New Year!

Just a quick post to say Happy New Year- hope you'll be enjoying last bit of Holiday Cheer however you celebrate New Year's Eve tonight!

These are the cards I made with leftovers from our Page of the Month class for December, which featured Basic Grey's Little Black Dress collection.   These first cards feature one of the new stamp & die cut sets by Hero Arts & Sizzix- I just love this stylish gal and had fun embellishing her with an ornament stamp from my stash and one of my new wine glass brads.  She'll be fun to create with year round! 
This card mimics several details from the page layout we did, using a half circle and tissue paper flower (which we also used only half of- those things are 4 layers thick!).  It was quick & simple to assemble, but I love the finished look.
Here's a close up of the textural details- I added some Prima bling to the center of the flower to finish it off.
And that's it... my final blog post for 2011!  I'm looking forward to many more creative days in 2012- hope we can share some of them together :)

Happy New Year!  Thanks for reading!

Comments