Girlfriends+Coffee= very good thing!

Today I'm sharing with you more of my mucking around with Distress Markers!  This time, I wanted to watercolour an image stamped with Archival ink on Watercolor paper.

I've used one of the new Girlfriends stamps by Art Impressions, which I absolutely love, and paired it with Konnichiwa papers from Basic Grey, which gave me a bright, cheery colour palette to work with!  I've just used some cheap watercolor paper here, so I think I'll experiment with other papers to see what I like...

There were four girlfriends in this stamp, but the one I started with looked pretty awful LOL so I trimmed her out of there!  My experiment included some direct colouring for darker colours, but mostly I scribbled on my craft sheet and used it as a palette with my water brush.  Combining the two gave me more variation in colour intensity, which I liked.  I'm not calling this a work of art, but it's usable, and I think like most things I'll get better with practice!  I had quite a mix of colours on my craft mat when I was done... check back tomorrow and see what I did with it ;)

I don't know if it shows up on the photograph, but I sprayed some Perfect Pearls Mist over my background papers for a touch of shimmer on the card.  The sentiment is one of 3 that comes in a set with this image.  Hope your day is a good one, properly caffeinated and all that ;)

I'm entering this card in the current Art Impressions Challenge: Beverages 

Comments

Nancy said…
Great job Tara! That is really cute. :)
Roxy said…
Hey Tara, I think those ladies look great! I'm just working on my girlfriends card for my mom, I'll probably post it tomorrow! I think the distress ink colouring looks great, and I love how you've used the papers, might have to copy that!!! Hugs, Roxy.