October SOTM


It's the start of a new month, which means we get to share a brand new Stamp of the Month with you today!  We decided to try something completely different this month- a super versatile Texture Tread by Ranger!  At a glance, these look like an ordinary sheet of unmounted black rubber.  Upon a closer look, you'll mirror images of the same design, both positive and negative facing each other.  You can use Texture Treads like an unmounted rubber stamp- ink them up and stamp beautiful background images, as Roxy did on her samples:


Each of Roxy's cards features a different half of the stamp, embossed and used as a resist. 

The really cool thing about Texture Treads is how they work with UTEE- ultra thick embossing powder.  The timing of this SOTM is really perfect, as Ranger just posted an article about UTEE on their website today!

Here's the cards I created using the Scattered Leaves Texture Tread:
 For this card, I made a copper UTEE disc on the negative side of the texture tread.  I actually used a jar rim and poured UTEE that I had added copper embossing powder to into the rim, then let it cool:
I used a sponge to apply Liquid Pearls to the raised leaves for some added dimension.  My stamped sentiment was embossed using the same colour of embossing powder I added to the UTEE:
Once I was done with my Copper Utee, I added some black into the melting pot to create this next piece:
 I set a Memory Frame onto the negative side of the texture tread and poured black UTEE from my Melting Pot into the frame.  Once it cooled, I lifted it off the texture tread and sponged Perfect Pearls onto the raised leaves, next I brushed some Distress Stickles over the entire charm.  The middle layer on my card features the positive side of the texture tread stamped in black Archival Ink on Kraft cardstock, then misted with the same Copper mist I used on the flower.
All the cards on our sample board this month feature the new Apple Cider collection by BoBunny- they always release the most gorgeous autumn paper lines!

If you are a member of our SOTM program, you'll save 35% on this month's Texture Tread stamp, as well as 20% off any other in stock Texture Treads.  Because we don't have very many in stock, you can also save 20% on Ranger stencils & Liquid Pearls when you pick up your stamp before October 15!

Comments

Tanya S said…
Fabulous samples Ladies !! Very cool !!