Color Outside The Lines

 Remember the chevron pattern on the tags from my last post?  Well they were the result of mopping up excess paint from my stencil after making these cards!  I used watercolor paper and taped down my stencil (by Donna Downey for Prima) with washi tape and sprayed it with some lime green Dylusions Mist and Yellow Perfect Pearl Mist.  I love the mix of these and how it gave a softer shimmer to the distressed chevron background.  The tree image (Hero Arts) was inked up with Distress Markers then misted and stamped, then I brushed water on it (colouring freely outside the lines!) and stamped again.  To finish it off, I added spots of stickles & glossy accents on the tree and a white paper flower.  This sentiment is a fave of mine, also from Hero Arts.
 Hopefully this close up shows some of the shimmer & texture!
 For both cards, I stamped the tree twice, after giving a wash with water to spread the colour from Distress Markers the first time.  You can see quite a difference between the two cards as the first one has the stencil under the stamped tree and the second has it on top of the tree, which makes for a softer overall image.  Both cards have a touch of washi tape and twine and are mounted on a kraft card base.
I had fun playing with a simple spring image and shades of green on these cards, I loved the way the watercolor paper worked with both the sprays and the Distress Markers- so much fun!

Challenges I'd like to play along with:

MilkCoffee's theme is  'Welcome Spring'
Miriam's Crafting Blog's theme is 'Shades of Green'
Clear it Out Challenge Blog challenge is anything green with something green from your stash (green twine!)

Comments

Julie Nixon said…
Look great!
Nancy said…
Awesome, love the chevron and your tree on both cards--great technique :)
Crafty Judith said…
Fabulous card Tara - thank you so much for joining us at Clear it Out x
Laura W said…
Great card, love the technique :)Thanks for joining us at the Clear it out challenge blog, see you Tuesday for another challenge!