Happy Thoughts for the Studio Space!

I know my blog posts have been somewhat few & far between lately... but so has my mojo.  I'm hoping to change both of those things, but we'll just take it one day at a time!  Today I have part one of a project I created to spiffy up my new studio space (and yes, I figure I can get away with calling it new until most everything is unpacked-ha!).  I decided to keep it pretty generic and just use sayings and things that made me happy!  Hopefully it'll bring some happy to others who see it as well :)

I started with a set of four canvas by Tim Holtz with a travel motif.  Since I had two sets of these pretties I figured I could use it as a base for something new!  When I was painting a couple walls in the studio, I ran my paintbrush over the canvas!  Just a thin coat so some of the collage design shows through.  Here's the two 6x6 canvases:
 I used some random chipboard from my stash, some Letterpress blocks, washi tape, bling, flowers & embellishments... assorted stuff that had been unpacked and would fit the feel I was going for!  (The burlap flowers are a new purchase I got 50% off at Hobby Lobby- love the texture and tiny size!)  Everything was glued on with either foam squares or Matte Medium by Ranger.  The second 6x6 canvas is much simpler- it features a cut out from Graphic 45 Typography (which I'm in love with!).
Here's a lousy photo of what the canvas set looked like before I painted them... as you can see, I've got two more to share with you in a blog post coming soon :)
That's part one of my project... hope you like!  I'll be back soon... Remember, it's a good day to have a GOOD DAY!

Comments

Julie Nixon said…
They look great Tara. Hurry I want to see the other two!
Nancy said…
Tara those are super! I love your colours and the quotes in the second one are so perfect :)
hope your weekend is going great :)