Trust in the Lord

I was commissioned to make some cards featuring some Scripture, Proverbs 3:5-6. After much searching online for inspiration, contemplating fonts or cutting out words with my Silhouette... I went through my stamps and discovered a stamp set which included this verse! The set is a discontinued one by Cornish Heritage Farms (most of their stamps were discontinued a few years ago when they closed, though some of their most popular ones are back with the new ownership- many as digi stamps too!) Anyways, finding the stamp helped a lot, and I think I'll be playing around with the others in this set in the near future as well!

I apologize for the photos in this post... I snapped them at the last minute before delivering them ;) 

I applied some Ranger Texture Paste to a tag, then inked it up and stamped on the textured panel.  All other stamps are by Tim Holtz.  The butterflies are favourites of mine!  I had fun mixing colors and textures on the chipboard heart.
Here's a second card in a different color scheme:
And lastly, here's a smaller, simpler card:
I had fun making these, and am in constant need of a reminder from this verse!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6



Comments

Julie Nixon said…
They are beautiful Tara!
Awesome verse and love the different backgrounds for each card!
Lynn K said…
Lovely cards Tara!!
Mary Elizabeth said…
One of my Dad's favorite verses. He shared with me as I was growing up and they have been a guiding premise to my life ever since. Marvelous cards Tara. I simple adore the butterflies and hearts as part of the layers. -- Mary Elizabeth