Big Sunflower

Have you ever gone to a painting party, or similar class where everything is provided for you and you and a group of  friends get instructions to create a big, fun canvas you can display on your home?  They're pretty fun and a great way to try something new.  This project was inspired by those paint nights.  I went to one last winter, and realized that it's June and I still have a winter painting on my mantle.  Ooops.  So I looked for classes to attend, but didn't find one that I could make work with my schedule... then I bought some canvases and decided I would just make my own.  I browsed Pinterest for ideas and got my creative juices flowing, then decided to kick it up a notch and make it my own mixed media work of art.  It was a lot of fun.

I give a few details on the project over on a blog post at Scrap N Stamp.ca, please check it out!  Here's a couple close up pics, but you'll see more on the other blog post.  I'm thinking it would be fun to teach a class on this project, but have to work through start up supplies and such since I basically did this on my lap instead of on an easel or something. LOL



Hope you like my big sunflower!  It was fun to do something that was totally out of my comfort zone, and I love having it on display in my home :)

Comments

Great canvas! Glad you got out of your comfort zone! Many times when I teach a canvas the students are so timid, so it's great to see even you feel that way...makes me feel better. LOVE the sunflower, and the curvy lines, and I love the raised letters. Way to go, and what a great piece to display!