Pumpkin Mixed Media Canvas

I've been in a pumpkin sort of mood... so after browsing pumpkin art to inspire me on Pinterest, I decided to paint my own 8x10 canvas for autumn.  I had a lot of fun with the colors and textures on this one, and finishing it off with this fabulous stamped bird by Dina Wakley.

All the details are up on the Scrap 'n Stamp blog, including some step by step photos of the process (which started with an ugly background I had given up on!).






Check out more details over at Scrap 'n Stamp... and please feel free to share a link if you're inspired to paint a pumpkin of your own :)

Have a creative day,
Tara


Materials Used:
8×10 canvas & torn papers for collage
White Gesso (available in this set, along with texture paste & gel medium… everything you need to get started in mixed media!)
Acrylic Paints- including Dina Wakley’s TangerineUmberTurquoisePennyWhite, Ocean, Elephant… plus a few other neutrals from my stash (I still have a few tubs of the old Claudine Hellmuth paints Ranger used to make!)
Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds Stamps
White tissue paper

Comments